Level 3 - Analysis and Preparation for Coaches
Plan, implement, analyse and revise annual coaching programmes
Who is it for?
Head Coach of adult team, school, club youth section or programme, age grade representative coach
Attendance or accreditation?
Accreditation – Competency-based assessment using formal transcript
On successful completion, the coach will be able to:
- Develop a personal coach profile
- Outline a vision for their team
- Assess current players and apply a selection process (player profile)
- Develop a team profile (strengths & weaknesses of their team)
- Develop a game profile (identifying and practising for the long-term)
- Identify and practise specific tactics (patterns of play)
- Develop a game plan based on observation and analysis of specific opponents
- Apply functional role analysis
- Coach the following elements safely: Restarts; Continuity; Defence; Counter Attack
- Identify Critical Incidents in a game
- Plan and review a season
- Manage other coaching and ancillary staff
- Notional learning hours: 150
- Pre-course work, 10 x 3 hour modules, season diary and 2 live assessment visits
- Be Head coach of a team
- Over 21 years of age
- Hold World Rugby Level 2 Coaching or equivalent
- Complete self tests at: www.worldrugby.org/rugbyready, www.worldrugby.org/laws and www.worldrugby.org/sandc
- Complete a season diary
The World Rugby Level 3 course will support coaches through a full season and will focus on planning, delivery and review.
Below you can download an example of a season-long diary.
Download an example of a season-long diary